Writing Binary files to clients over SSL

Guest

In reference to KB article 306654 (which works perfectly otherwise), why does
this method fail if the site is using SSL??? I have a series of content
handlers that write non-ASP.NET files to the browser (dynamic reports, etc.),
but as soon as SSL is enabled on the site, this method no longer works (no
data received by the browser) - I get the 'Page cannot be displayed' error.

Any help appreciated.

TIA,
Mike

Joerg Jooss

MichaelY said:
In reference to KB article 306654 (which works perfectly otherwise),
why does this method fail if the site is using SSL??? I have a
series of content handlers that write non-ASP.NET files to the
browser (dynamic reports, etc.), but as soon as SSL is enabled on the
site, this method no longer works (no data received by the browser) -
I get the 'Page cannot be displayed' error.

Don't underestimate the processing power requirements for SSL. Your
file may sit idle in the web server's output buffer...

Do you use a chunk based approach like KB 306654 suggests, or do you
write the file en bloc?

Cheers,

Guest

LoL...that was my first thought as well!!! But, yes, I did the "5:00 Friday"
check at least 30 times....but to no avail. As soon as SSL is turned off, it
works great....

**sigh**

Mike

Joerg Jooss

MichaelY said:
LoL...that was my first thought as well!!! But, yes, I did the "5:00
Friday" check at least 30 times....but to no avail. As soon as SSL
is turned off, it works great....

Hm... can you post your code?

Cheers,