Writing CLOBs to Oracle Databases.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andoni, May 5, 2004.

  1. Andoni

    Andoni Guest

    Hello,

    I am using Java 1.3.1 to write to Oracle 9.0 / 9.2 databases and I am
    running into problems.
    I don't seem to be able to write large files to the CLOB or large amounts of
    data either.

    There are two different parts of my application involved, the first involves
    using a textarea to write articles for submitting to a web-site (Tomcat
    4.0.4 powered) which are then displayed on my public site. The other
    involves using a File Upload box to upload a text file for sending as a HTML
    newsletter which is also size limited.

    These are not being limited to the size of a CLOB as that is huge compared
    to what I am adding. Also I have found a Delphi tool which allows me add
    files to Oracle CLOBs and this has been able to make the addition
    successfully. Is there something wrong with my Driver, I am using Oracle's
    own Thin JDBC driver 9.0.1.4

    My thanks in advance for any help you may give. Any questions please ask
    through the group.

    Cheers,
    Andoni.

    Andoni, May 5, 2004

  2. Andoni

    Sudsy Guest

    Andoni wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using Java 1.3.1 to write to Oracle 9.0 / 9.2 databases and I am
    > running into problems.
    > I don't seem to be able to write large files to the CLOB or large amounts of
    > data either.

    <snip>

    Sounds like the old 4000 byte limit. You did do a search of the archives
    before posting this question, right? Thought not, else you'd have found
    articles such as the following:

    <http://www.sudsy.net/technology/clobs.html>

    Enjoy!

    Sudsy, May 5, 2004

  3. Andoni

    Andoni Guest

    Sorry, I actually did a search immediately after posting the message and
    found such articles.

    Apologies,

    Andoni.

    Andoni, May 6, 2004
  4. Andoni

    Sudsy Guest

    Andoni wrote:
    > Sorry, I actually did a search immediately after posting the message and
    > found such articles.
    >
    > Apologies,

    Live and learn. And if you do run up against a wall then just post
    a complete description of the problem (include what you've tried and
    exactly how it failed) to the ng.

    Sudsy, May 6, 2004