Writing for PocketPC

Philip Blandford

Having used EVB in the past I am wondering if I can program for the PocketPC
using simply VB.Net standard edition, or do I have to pay 10 times extra for
Studio.Net?

Neil Fallon

Hi Philip,

From what I understand you have to have the pro version to do mobile
development, which in my opinion is way to much money. I was in the same
boat and opted for #develop which allows me to create C# or vb.net apps for
the mobile devices. It's free. It runs a little slow because it was
designed on the dot.net platform.

Neil

Pablo Alvarez Doval

Hi,
[..] I was in the same
boat and opted for #develop which allows me to create C# or vb.net apps for
the mobile devices. It's free. It runs a little slow because it was
designed on the dot.net platform.

AFAIK, VS.NET was developed under the .NET framework too, am I wrong? In
fact
one of the 'advantages' I've heard when considered adopting C# as my first
..NET language
was the fact that the mayority of Visual Studio .NET was developed using C#,
so it had a great
testing and usage behind it.

PS: Greetings to everyone, this is my first post in this group...