writing from hidden field to text field

Roy Adams

Hi Group
I'm trying to write from dynamically created hidden fields to a txt
field in the onchange event handler within a select.

basically the number for the for loop is generated by a field from a
db
which creates hidden fields populated by prices
once the onchange handler fires it sets the text for the text field
price and the hidden field Tsize, but I can't get it to set the txt of
oldprice from the hidden field prevprice.

here's the code
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript>
<!--
function ch_price (theForm) {
for (i=0; i < <%=(rsSaleC.Fields.Item('prodC').Value)%>; i++){

document.form1.price.value =
document.form1.size.options[document.form1.size.selectedIndex].value;

document.form1.Tsize.value =
document.form1.size.options[document.form1.size.selectedIndex].text;

document.form1.oldprice.value = document.form1.prevprice.value;
//-->

</SCRIPT>
and in the body

<select name="size" id="size" onChange="ch_price(form1)">
<option selected
value="<%=(rsDisplay.Fields.Item("Price").Value)%> ">Select
Size/Colour</option>

<%
while (!rsSale.EOF) {
%>
<option
value= said:
<%=(rsSize.Fields.Item("Size").Value)%></option>

<%
rsSale.MoveNext();
}
if (rsSale.CursorType > 0) {
if (!rsSale.BOF) rsSale.MoveFirst();
} else {
rsSale.Requery();
}
%>

does any one have any ideas?

RobB

value= said:
<%=(rsSize.Fields.Item("Size").Value)%></option>

<%
rsSale.MoveNext();
}
if (rsSale.CursorType > 0) {
if (!rsSale.BOF) rsSale.MoveFirst();
} else {
rsSale.Requery();
}
%>

does any one have any ideas?

It's always easier to diagnose client-side problems when you can see
what the client sees. Do you have a sample of the relevant portions of
a served (no asp) page that you could post?