writing get_script as an external routine callable by C

Tad J McClellan

Franken Sense said:
In Dread Ink, the Grave Hand of Uri Guttman Did Inscribe:

I was looking for documentation.

The documentation is in the module, therefore you must install
the module before its documentation will be available on your machine.

If you just what to see the documentation without installing, then
you won't find it on your own machine, but you can find its docs on CPAN.

Uri Guttman

FS> In Dread Ink, the Grave Hand of Uri Guttman Did Inscribe:
FS> I'm curious how you treat your clients. I was looking for documentation.

my clients usually listen to me. you have shown amazingly slow pickup on
the most basic stuff. over and over again. sorry but i call them as i
see them.

FS> As OP, I certainly didn't ask about the dumb sidebar issue of
FS> File::Slurp.

that module is dumb but fast. and a lot easier than manually opening and
closing files like you have been doing.

uri

Uri Guttman

FS> In Dread Ink, the Grave Hand of Uri Guttman Did Inscribe:FS> As OP, I certainly didn't ask about the dumb sidebar issue of
FS> File::Slurp.
FS> I thought that I was able to get info on a module by typing

FS> perldoc tja::hja

ok, a big question for ya. how would a perl program running on your box
find the documentation for any module ever created and located anywhere
on the net? if you can answer that, write that program and i am sure it
will be included in the next release of perl.

yes, that was sarcastic. yes, i can't believe you don't even understand
how perldoc works and where it finds its docs. have you actually read
the docs for perldoc? you run perldoc perldoc.

uri

Franken Sense

--
Frank

If [Stuart Saves His Family] had actually been successful it would have
been a lot better teacher for me than the failure that it was, because it
would have given me the opportunity to do more movies,
~~ Al Franken, CNN interview

Franken Sense

In Dread Ink, the Grave Hand of Tad J McClellan Did Inscribe:
The documentation is in the module, therefore you must install
the module before its documentation will be available on your machine.

If you just what to see the documentation without installing, then
you won't find it on your own machine, but you can find its docs on CPAN.

That's not the way it goes on activestate.
--
Frank

If you put the two Bushs together in their over seven years of their two
presidencies, not one new job has been created. Numbers do not lie. If you
extrapolated from that, if the Bushs had run this country from its very
beginning to the current time, not one American would have ever worked.
We'd be hunter-gatherers.
~~ Al Franken, in response to the 2004 SOTU address