Writing HTML from java applet into another frame

Mike Watson

I'm writing a simple java applet search engine that writes the search
results into a separate html frame. I originally placed the search
results in a list within the applet, but instead I want to put the
results in a bottom frame with the applet in the top frame. This
configuration works OK with the results correctly going into the
bottom frame, but the HTML <A> tags don't work. Everything is
rendered properly, but nothing happens when a link (blue href) is
selected. If I copy the results using ‘view source' of the bottom
frame into a temporary HTML file the links open fine. Is there
something additional I need to do to get the <A> tags to work in the
bottom frame. They seem to be ignored if produced by the applet.

Thanks is advance
Mike Watson

William Brogden

Mike Watson said:
I'm writing a simple java applet search engine that writes the search
results into a separate html frame. I originally placed the search
results in a list within the applet, but instead I want to put the
results in a bottom frame with the applet in the top frame. This
configuration works OK with the results correctly going into the
bottom frame, but the HTML <A> tags don't work. Everything is
rendered properly, but nothing happens when a link (blue href) is
selected. If I copy the results using 'view source' of the bottom
frame into a temporary HTML file the links open fine. Is there
something additional I need to do to get the <A> tags to work in the
bottom frame. They seem to be ignored if produced by the applet.

If those are "relative" links, maybe the browser doesn't know how
to construct the complete URL?

Mike Watson

William Brogden said:
If those are "relative" links, maybe the browser doesn't know how
to construct the complete URL?

William

The links have the full path. What's interesting, is if I click the
browser refresh buttons, all the links start working fine. It appears
to be some kind of permissions problem. I tried to force a
'location.reload()' after the page has been created, but when I reload
the specific frame it gives me a permissions error. If I reload the
entire frame set, it refreshes (reloads), but doesn't help (links
still don't work). They only start working after I do a refresh using
the browser button. If I take the entire contents of the frame
generated by the applet using 'view source', place it into a new .html
file, and open the new file in the browser, the links work fine. I
have every permission turned on when I complile to the signed .cab
file. I'm still using a test certificate.

Thanks
Mike