Writing hyperlinks that attach to desktop icons or links

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Bill, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I'm writing a company intranet site, and on the home page, I'd like
    there to be links to some of the software that the employees frequently
    use on their own computer. This will be the inducement to get them to
    use the intranet home page as their default home page, and visit it
    frequently.

    For example a program which is under:
    "C:\Program Files\Now Software\Now Up-to-Date\NUD.exe"
    if I write that link into the hyperlink, it will not work, because the
    hyperlink also adds the url as a prefix to the link, so it will say
    "http://www.url.com/C:\Program Files\Now Software\Now
    Up-to-Date\NUD.exe"

    How can I write it so that it eliminates the prefix, and just shows the
    c:\ line after it?

    Thanks,

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 22, 2003