Writing large set of data to xml files using DOM

kaustubh.deo

Hello,

Need your valuable inputs for this scenario. Any pointers would be
helpful.

I have large data set (few 100s of MB or sometimes may even go up to
GB). I populate a DOM tree using this data set and then write this DOM
tree to xml file.
How should one handle such large data set in xerces, as we cannot have
such a large DOM tree in memory. I have a following questions:

1> Can xerces handle such large data in DOM tree? If yes then how and
also does it do some caching to some temporary file on disk??

2> Can I populate the DOM tree and flush it partially and in small
chunks?? If yes how?

I think there could be other alternatives than using DOM, but I want
to know whether xerces DOM can handle this.

Thanks in advance,
Kaustubh

Ian Collins

Hello,

Need your valuable inputs for this scenario. Any pointers would be
helpful.

I have large data set (few 100s of MB or sometimes may even go up to
GB). I populate a DOM tree using this data set and then write this DOM
tree to xml file.
How should one handle such large data set in xerces, as we cannot have
such a large DOM tree in memory. I have a following questions:
You'd be better off asking on a Apache forum or mail list.

John Ratliff

Hello,

Need your valuable inputs for this scenario. Any pointers would be
helpful.

I have large data set (few 100s of MB or sometimes may even go up to
GB). I populate a DOM tree using this data set and then write this DOM
tree to xml file.
How should one handle such large data set in xerces, as we cannot have
such a large DOM tree in memory. I have a following questions:

1> Can xerces handle such large data in DOM tree? If yes then how and
also does it do some caching to some temporary file on disk??

2> Can I populate the DOM tree and flush it partially and in small
chunks?? If yes how?

I think there could be other alternatives than using DOM, but I want
to know whether xerces DOM can handle this.

You will need to consult a group for Xerxes if you need help using it.
This newsgroup is for questions about the Standard C++ language only.

Consult the C++ FAQ for more newsgroup information
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

--John Ratliff