Writing Math symbols in WinXP machine - How?

RichardOnRails

Hi,

I found a .NET site that Pi is Unicode-16 0x03A0) & Sigma is 0xH03A3.
I'd like to use them in a Ruby program generating Windows output
(an .rbx program). This site contains a lot of what I'd like:
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~kimwt/greek.html#s0370.

How can I use them with Ruby. Would I have to use .rbw so as to
produce out in a regular window rather than a Command Window? Would
using Rails simplify their use?

I searched Web (which led to the reference above) and mvp.org (with no
obvious relevance).

Any suggestions, urls. etc?

Thanks in Advance,
Richard