Writing out array values

JP SIngh

Please help me with this

I have an array which has days of the month stored in it. For example at one
time it might have the values

1,2,3,6,7,8,9

at another time it might have the value

4,5,12,14,19,25

These are days of the month that have been selected and read into an array.
What i would like to do is to write them out and put a "X" where the days
were selected

Somthing like this

For i = 1 to 31
if i is found in the array
response.write "X"
else
response.write "-"
end if
Next
I cannot figure out how to search an array for the values

for example the output of the first example should be

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ......
X X X - - X X X X - - -

Catalyst

[...]

Are you set on doing this with two arrays?. If so you'll have to search
through the entire array 31 times, which is slow.

I would recommend using something else like a dictionary object or even
a single array.

Try creating an array with 31 values and initialize each value to false
with a quick loop. Then you can set individual values to true if they're
selected, like

ary(27) = true

for each selected day. This will make it easy to check if a day is
selected, all you need to do is

For i = 1 to 31
if ary(i) then
response.write "X"