Writing python SOAP client

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alvin A. Delagon, Oct 20, 2005.

  1. Hello python programmers! I would like to add myself to the ever
    increasing number of python users. Here's my first question. I've
    written two SOAP clients using PERL and a PHP. I tried to wirte a new
    SOAP client using python but I'm having problems. First, I can't seem to
    find a good documentation of the SOAPpy module. Second, I found a code
    snippet of a python SOAP client but it was designed only to use the
    SOAPproxy function. How can I create a python SOAP client given these
    parameters:

    URI: urn:ECASHWS
    HOST: https://hostname/cgi-bin/server.cgi

    Here's the PERL snippet that I'm trying to convert into a pythinic language:

    my $login = SOAP::Lite
    -> uri ($URL)
    -> proxy ($host)
    -> login($uname, $epwd);
    my $result = $login
    ->result;

    Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and more power to
    python programmers!

    Alvin A. Delagon, Oct 20, 2005