Writing to a file on the unix box

chitrasai

Hi, I am trying to write to file which is on a unix box. But it gives
me an error that "

Asp.net is not authorized to access the requested resource. To grant
Asp.net write access toa file, right click the file in explorer,choose
properties and select the security tab. click "add" to add the
appropriate user or group. Highlight the asp.net account and check the
boxes for the desired access.

Now the problem is that there is no asp.net account on the unix box.
How could i overcome this problem?

Thanks

cs

tdavisjr

I don't asp.net will cross the operating system boundary. You probably
have to use a protocol like FTP or something.

Ray Booysen

Hi, I am trying to write to file which is on a unix box. But it gives
me an error that "

Asp.net is not authorized to access the requested resource. To grant
Asp.net write access toa file, right click the file in explorer,choose
properties and select the security tab. click "add" to add the
appropriate user or group. Highlight the asp.net account and check the
boxes for the desired access.

Now the problem is that there is no asp.net account on the unix box.
How could i overcome this problem?

Thanks

cs
How is the path being accessed? via a network share? If it is writing
via the standard SMB protocols, the unix box must have a user that is
being used when someone accesses those files. Give that user on the
unix box permissions to write to the folder and it should work.