Writing to Cells in the Detailsview Insertmode makes cells uneditable.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SixStringSlaya@gmail.com, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am trying to write a text to a cell in the Detailsview after the user
    clicks on New.

    When I do this, the Detailsview makes that cell uneditable. How do I
    get that cell back into the edit mode so that the user can overwrite my
    text.

    Here is the code.

    Protected Sub DetailsView1_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
    e As System.EventArgs) Handles DetailsView1.PreRender
    Dim x As Integer
    x = 2

    If DetailsView1.CurrentMode = DetailsViewMode.Insert = True
    Then
    Me.DetailsView1.Rows(x).Cells(1).Text = "Wayne123"
    End If
    End Sub

    Thanks,

    Wayne