Writing to database before HTTP POST

Erik

I'm building an e-commerce app. I need to write the user's
order data to a SQL Server database before sending the
order data to the credit card processor's secure server
(which is a different domain) via an HTTP POST.

I have the database routines working, but haven't figured
out how to send the form data to the credit card
processor's domain as an HTTP POST. Neither
Response.Redirect (doesn't retain the HTTP POST format) or
Server.Transfer (doesn't work across domains) work.

What am I missing?

Rocky Moore

Erik said:
I'm building an e-commerce app. I need to write the user's
order data to a SQL Server database before sending the
order data to the credit card processor's secure server
(which is a different domain) via an HTTP POST.

I have the database routines working, but haven't figured
out how to send the form data to the credit card
processor's domain as an HTTP POST. Neither
Response.Redirect (doesn't retain the HTTP POST format) or
Server.Transfer (doesn't work across domains) work.

What am I missing?

Just making sure you meant HTTPS not HTTP to post the message to them. You
do not want private data being sent over an open pipe.

You might check out WebRequest.

Rocky Moore
www.HintsAndTips.com