writing to file

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by dave, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. dave

    dave Guest

    Hi
    I'm reading one html file and writing in another problem.

    while cnt <= ubound(lines)
    myFile.WriteLine "body = body & """&lines(cnt)&""""
    cnt = cnt + 1
    wend

    Using this code when I see new file it puts one character
    (look like small rectangle) before "
    how would i get rid of this character???

    If i run this code...it works fine
    while cnt <= ubound(lines)
    myFile.WriteLine "body = body & """&lines(cnt)
    cnt = cnt + 1
    wend

    how would i append " at end of each line without having
    special character..i tried to copy and paste to hear but
    i am unable to paste...may be its carriage return or line
    feed...

    thanx
    dave

    dave, Jul 19, 2004

  2. dave

    Ray at Guest

    You could use Chr(34) in place of """", although they both should produce
    the same thing. Are you specifying a file format when you open the file?
    What are you using to open it? FSO?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 19, 2004

  3. dave

    Rob Collyer Guest

    > You could use Chr(34) in place of """", although they both should
    > produce the same thing. Are you specifying a file format when you
    > open the file? What are you using to open it? FSO?
    >
    > Ray at work
    >
    > "dave" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> I'm reading one html file and writing in another problem.
    >>
    >> while cnt <= ubound(lines)
    >> myFile.WriteLine "body = body & """&lines(cnt)&""""
    >> cnt = cnt + 1
    >> wend
    >>
    >> Using this code when I see new file it puts one character
    >> (look like small rectangle) before "
    >> how would i get rid of this character???
    >>
    >> If i run this code...it works fine
    >> while cnt <= ubound(lines)
    >> myFile.WriteLine "body = body & """&lines(cnt)
    >> cnt = cnt + 1
    >> wend
    >>
    >> how would i append " at end of each line without having
    >> special character..i tried to copy and paste to hear but
    >> i am unable to paste...may be its carriage return or line
    >> feed...
    >>
    >> thanx
    >> dave

    Can you paste your entire code?

    I have some functions that deal with reading in text files you may find
    useful.

    Gimme a shout at the forumz, if you need!

    --
    Robert Collyer
    www.webforumz.com

    Rob Collyer, Jul 19, 2004