    write to. We rewrote the dll to specify the HKEY_Current_User area, but it
    still behaves the same way. Any help or direction on this would be
    appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

    Roundy, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Roundy

    Mark Schupp Guest

    If the site is using anonymous access then the "current user" is the
    "default" user. If you need to write to a specific user's profile you will
    probably have to disable anonymous access and have that user log on when
    they hit the web site. Or you will have to find the user you want to modify
    under HKEY_USERS and modify their data directly (will need to make sure the
    anonymous account has write access to the other users' data in the
    registry).

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    "Roundy" <> wrote in message
    > We have an application that communicates with a PLC in the field. All of

    the
    > values from the PLC are written to registry keys under
    > hkey_current_user\software\vb and vba programming\application
    > name\subkey\value.
    >
    > We were trying to access the registry key directly using asp. I found a
    > tool to access registry, but for some reason it can't read or write values

    > hkey_current_user. So, we wrote and active x dll that using gettsetting

    and
    > savesetting to read and write to the registry, and we just use the object

    in
    > ASP. Unfortunately, it writes to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\ and then
    > creates the vb and vba programming\application name\subkey\key. It reads

    and
    > writes to this area just fine, but well that is not where we want to read

    and

    Mark Schupp, Feb 7, 2005