Writing to Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Admin, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Admin

    Admin Guest

    Hi there

    I want to write to the server with a Brinkster type account setup
    using ASP.net.
    I kinda understand how to do it on my own server. It seems pretty
    straight forward to write to a C:\Temp etc. But when i try to get a
    little bit clever and try a write to something like

    request.applicationpath + "/mydir/myfile.pdf"

    It fails. I get a cant access c:\system32 or some other local file
    system error.

    In the given scenario how do i format the write path??

    Im trying not to store my images/pdfs in a Db (because it costs more
    money). I instead want my users to be able to upload their files to my
    web space and then i will just store the reference to that file in the
    Db and as the pdfs are downloaded.

    TIA

    Henry
    Admin, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Admin

    PJ Lee Guest

    try using PhysicalApplicationPath instead of ApplicationPath.

    hth
    Pete

    PJ Lee, Jul 6, 2003