Wrong file encoding for date.rb on ubuntu

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Georg Leciejewski, Oct 11, 2008.

  1. After upgrading ruby via ubuntu package manager the encoding of the
    date.rb seems to be wrong, so there are a whole bunch of strange chars
    inside the file.

    OS Ubuntu hardy

    I dont know where this issue is comming from. Maybe it is related to my
    german ubuntu setup or to some fileencoding changes in the ubuntu or
    ruby repos.
    I had a similar issue a month ago with a file from a gem (forgot where
    it was)

    I opened the date.rb in geany and it says the encoding is iso. To fix
    the issue i went onto a windows virtualbox and opened the date.rb (from
    win ruby install) with notepad++ and copied the utf-8 encoded content
    into my lokal date.rb

    Posting this issue here to see whether or not i`m the only one.

    Georg Leciejewski, Oct 11, 2008