wrong Host on example invoke pages.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Rick Boardman, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. WebServices on my machine have recently begun experiencing problems when
    testing the service through the description pages.

    For example:
    http://www.testsite.com/services/details.asmx?op=Insert
    The various methods begin with the following header information:

    POST /services/details.asmx HTTP/1.1
    Host: machinename.domain.com
    SOAPAction: "http://tempuri.org/services/details/Insert"

    The Host here is wrong and should be the testsite, not the local machine.

    Clicking Invoke tries to redirect to this:
    http://machinename.domain.com/services/details.asmx/Insert

    when it should be redirecting to this:
    http://www.testsite.com/services/details.asmx/Insert

    Also in the service description for the service the following is wrong:

    - <wsdl:service name="details">
    - <wsdl:port name="siteSoap" binding="tns:siteSoap">
    <soap:address
    location="http://machinename.domain.com/services/details.asmx" />
    </wsdl:port>
    - <wsdl:port name="siteHttpGet" binding="tns:siteHttpGet">
    <http:address
    location="http://machinename.domain.com/services/details.asmx" />
    </wsdl:port>
    - <wsdl:port name="siteHttpPost" binding="tns:siteHttpPost">
    <http:address
    location="http://machinename.domain.com/services/details.asmx" />
    </wsdl:port>
    </wsdl:service>

    These problems started when I installed SP1 on Windows 2003 Server. There
    were some problems during the install and I eventually got the server back up
    so it may have been related to other surronding issues.

    If anyone can shed some light on this for me that would be great! I'm sure
    it's something simple and likely just a setting somewhere.
    Rick Boardman, Apr 26, 2005