Wrong window gets the content

Geoff

I have a datagrid with a button column. When the user clicks a button in the
datagrid, a PDF should open in a child window. To make this happen, I use
the grid's ItemDataBound event to add client side code to call a JavaScript
function to open the PDF window.

Most of the time it works correctly.

Maybe one time in ten the parent window gets the PDF and the child window is
blank. You can tell which is the parent and which is the child because
toolbars etc. are disabled on the child window.

Any idea why this happens?

Much obliged,
Geoff.

Geoff

Here is the code in the ItemDataBound event handler:

Private Sub dgControlNumList_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles
dgControlNumList.ItemDataBound
If e.Item.ItemType <> ListItemType.Header And _
e.Item.ItemType <> ListItemType.Footer And _
UCase(Request.Params("pAction")) = "VIEW" Then

Dim btnPDF As LinkButton = e.Item.Cells(0).Controls(0)
btnPDF.Attributes("onclick") = "OpenPDF('DD562PDF.aspx?pControlNum="
& _
DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "ControlNum") & _
"')"
End If

End Sub

"OpenPDF()" is a JavaScript function copied into the page from a library.
This is what it looks like:
function OpenPDF(file) {
PopUpWin=open(file,'pdfWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,copyhistory=no');
PopUpWin.focus();
if (PopUpWin.opener == null)
PopUpWin.opener = self;
}