    the regular way add web reference and invoke or something special?

    Thanks
    PS: My calling application is a console c# project

    Vai2000, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Hi.

    You don't need anything special, just create the web reference and ensure
    the url is using the https protocol.
    The certificates should be correctly installed, otherwise you will return
    forbidden acess errors on Invoke. The easiest way to check this is to browse
    to https://yourserver/yourservices/yourservice.asmx, if the browser does not
    show any warning (like the typical certificate messagebox) you won't have any
    problem calling the service from code.

    Rodrigo García, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Vai2000

    Vai2000 Guest

    How do I install certificate? coz my calling application is a c# console
    project as to a regular IE Browser

    Vai2000, Dec 23, 2005
  4. The easiest way is to install the certificates on your computer. Just browse
    to the https location of the web service. The Certificate Window will popup,
    install all the certificates in the chain (i.e. the site's certificate, and
    the CA's certificates). Once done, you should not have any problems calling
    the web service.
    To view the certificates currently installed on the computer, open the
    microsoft management console (mmc.exe) and Add the certificates Module.

    Hope it helps

    Rodrigo García, Dec 24, 2005