WS over SSL

Vai2000

I have to call a WS which is hosted over SSL, how do I proceed? Should I do
the regular way add web reference and invoke or something special?

Thanks
PS: My calling application is a console c# project

Rodrigo García

Hi.

You don't need anything special, just create the web reference and ensure
the url is using the https protocol.
The certificates should be correctly installed, otherwise you will return
forbidden acess errors on Invoke. The easiest way to check this is to browse
to https://yourserver/yourservices/yourservice.asmx, if the browser does not
show any warning (like the typical certificate messagebox) you won't have any
problem calling the service from code.

Vai2000

How do I install certificate? coz my calling application is a c# console
project as to a regular IE Browser

Rodrigo García

The easiest way is to install the certificates on your computer. Just browse
to the https location of the web service. The Certificate Window will popup,
install all the certificates in the chain (i.e. the site's certificate, and
the CA's certificates). Once done, you should not have any problems calling
the web service.
To view the certificates currently installed on the computer, open the
microsoft management console (mmc.exe) and Add the certificates Module.

Hope it helps