    2) will it work even if one of the 2 web services was developed using a
    different platform , like J2EE ?

    Thanks.
    moko, Aug 11, 2004

  2. There is currently no WSE support for any of the related specification that
    cover cross-web-service transactions, including WS-Transaction,
    WS-AtomicTransaction, WS-Coordination and WS-BusinessActivity. Some of these
    specs are still being hammered out. They started coming out early this
    Spring. Given the breadth of these specs it is unlikely that they could be
    supported on the Microsoft platform before Indigo comes out. In the
    meantime, the approach that I use is to implement the service
    agent/aggregation models, where one agent is responsible for initiating and
    coordinating a set of related service calls. Check out the MSDN patterns and
    practices site for further information.

    Good luck!

    Jeffrey Hasan, MCSD
    President, Bluestone Partners, Inc.
    Author of: Expert SOA in C# Using WSE 2.0 (APress, 2004)
    http://www.bluestonepartners.com/soa.aspx

    Jeffrey Hasan, Aug 13, 2004