WScript.Shell and ASP, Permission Problem on IIS 5

LamSoft

When I call the WScript.Shell and "RUN" the object...

I've got nothing on the server

For Example,

objWscript.Run "notepad.exe", True, 1

But on the server side, there is no this process running..

The NTFS of notepad.exe permission is set to EVERYONE already..
While the IIS is running under the account of IUSR_XXXX

Is there any something wrong in the permission settings?

However, I run the same script on Windows 2003 Server, it is ok....

Thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

LamSoft said:
When I call the WScript.Shell and "RUN" the object...

I've got nothing on the server

For Example,

objWscript.Run "notepad.exe", True, 1

But on the server side, there is no this process running..

The NTFS of notepad.exe permission is set to EVERYONE already..
While the IIS is running under the account of IUSR_XXXX

Is there any something wrong in the permission settings?

However, I run the same script on Windows 2003 Server, it is ok....

Thanks

IIS will not allow this process to run since it requires user input.
Why are you trying to automate Notepad? Or is this just a test ... ?

LamSoft

Here is the ASP Code

The file "1.exe" is to print the pdf automatically....
I want to run the ASP at client side, and then the server prints the PDF
automatically

dim currentPath : currentPath = server.mappath(".")
dim command

'command = "notepad.exe"
command = currentPath & "\1.exe " & currentPath & "\" & "Test.pdf"

response.write command

set wshell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set oExec = wshell.Exec(command)
response.write oExec.Status
'response.write currentPath

%>