WScript.Shell and ASP, Permission Problem on IIS 5

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by LamSoft, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. LamSoft

    LamSoft Guest

    When I call the WScript.Shell and "RUN" the object...

    I've got nothing on the server

    For Example,

    objWscript.Run "notepad.exe", True, 1

    But on the server side, there is no this process running..

    The NTFS of notepad.exe permission is set to EVERYONE already..
    While the IIS is running under the account of IUSR_XXXX

    Is there any something wrong in the permission settings?

    However, I run the same script on Windows 2003 Server, it is ok....

    Thanks

    LamSoft, Aug 3, 2006

  2. LamSoft wrote:
    > When I call the WScript.Shell and "RUN" the object...
    >
    > I've got nothing on the server
    >
    > For Example,
    >
    > objWscript.Run "notepad.exe", True, 1
    >
    > But on the server side, there is no this process running..
    >
    > The NTFS of notepad.exe permission is set to EVERYONE already..
    > While the IIS is running under the account of IUSR_XXXX
    >

    > Is there any something wrong in the permission settings?
    >
    > However, I run the same script on Windows 2003 Server, it is ok....
    >
    > Thanks

    IIS will not allow this process to run since it requires user input.
    Why are you trying to automate Notepad? Or is this just a test ... ?

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 3, 2006

  3. LamSoft

    LamSoft Guest

    Here is the ASP Code

    The file "1.exe" is to print the pdf automatically....
    I want to run the ASP at client side, and then the server prints the PDF
    automatically

    dim currentPath : currentPath = server.mappath(".")
    dim command

    'command = "notepad.exe"
    command = currentPath & "\1.exe " & currentPath & "\" & "Test.pdf"

    response.write command

    set wshell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    Set oExec = wshell.Exec(command)
    response.write oExec.Status
    'response.write currentPath

    %>