WSDL and SOAP

Discussion in 'XML' started by David Gaulin, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. David Gaulin

    David Gaulin Guest

    Hello

    I am currently trying to write WSDL files for some Web Services we
    already have.

    The web services were written by someone else and they take and
    produce soap/xml message.

    Is there a tool I can use to create the WSDL from the request and
    response I already have? They are quite a few web servies and I am
    pretty lazy :) Plus I am not quite sure of how the syntax would
    go....

    I read everywhere that I can generate WSDL from classes and generate
    client from WSDL but I haven't found anything about creating WSDL for
    existing soap web services. I am missing something? Is it possible?
    Does it make sense?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Here is an example of a request and response I have if it migth help
    Request:
    <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <soap:Body>
    <service xmlns="urn:get-the-company"
    SERVER_ADDRESS="theServer.com" PASSWORD="okok"
    CLIENT_USER_NAME="cliend" ESBSYS_SRVC_CD="EG"
    COMP_NO="123456165234">
    </service>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    Response produce:
    <getResult>
    <ESTABLSIHMENT>
    <OPERATING_NAME>Test Company</OPERATING_NAME>
    <MAILLING_ADDRESS>
    <STREET_ADDRESS_1>10025 River Way</STREET_ADDRESS_1>
    <CITY>DELTA</CITY>
    </MAILLING_ADDRESS>
    <TELEPHONE>11111111</TELEPHONE>
    </ESTABLSIHMENT>