WSDL.exe doesn't seem to create the proxy class

Mike Dinnis

Hello,

I'm trying to compile a proxy class using the WSDL.exe app found in the bin
folder. I've set up a batch file to run the command (saves tying it each
time!) as follows:

wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

where dbase.asmx is my service.

When i run this i would expect to get a response informing me that the
dbase.vb file has been written, but instead I get a scrolling screen as if
it is atempting to run a command again and again.

I've tried the command in a command promt as well but get the same response.

I had to add the path to wsdl into the envionment path string as it wasn't
installed if this makes a difference.

Does any one know what i'm doing wrong? and more importantly, how do I stop
doing it wrong?

Cheers,

<M>ike

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

what exactly do you see on the screen? Can you enclose the text?
If the dbase.asmx is broken (syntax error, or something else), then wsdl.exe
will return some HTML (on the console window), which looks like rubbish, but
actually contains diagnostic messages.

-Dino

Mike Dinnis

The info shown on the screen is:

C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

but the path isn't a hyperlink on the command prompt screen.
I've got it running from a batch file with a pause statement after teh wsdl
line, but it ignores this and continues to scroll with the above message for
as long as I leave it.

Confused? I am.

<M>ike