WSDL.exe doesn't seem to create the proxy class

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Mike Dinnis, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. Mike Dinnis

    Mike Dinnis Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to compile a proxy class using the WSDL.exe app found in the bin
    folder. I've set up a batch file to run the command (saves tying it each
    time!) as follows:

    wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

    where dbase.asmx is my service.

    When i run this i would expect to get a response informing me that the
    dbase.vb file has been written, but instead I get a scrolling screen as if
    it is atempting to run a command again and again.

    I've tried the command in a command promt as well but get the same response.

    I had to add the path to wsdl into the envionment path string as it wasn't
    installed if this makes a difference.

    Does any one know what i'm doing wrong? and more importantly, how do I stop
    doing it wrong?

    Cheers,

    <M>ike

    Mike Dinnis, Oct 28, 2003

  2. what exactly do you see on the screen? Can you enclose the text?
    If the dbase.asmx is broken (syntax error, or something else), then wsdl.exe
    will return some HTML (on the console window), which looks like rubbish, but
    actually contains diagnostic messages.

    -Dino

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Oct 31, 2003

  3. Mike Dinnis

    Mike Dinnis Guest

    The test shown on the screen is:

    C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

    Mike Dinnis, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Mike Dinnis

    Mike Dinnis Guest

    The info shown on the screen is:

    C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

    C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

    C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

    C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

    C:\>wsdl /language:VB http://localmachine/myasp/dbase.asmx?wsdl

    but the path isn't a hyperlink on the command prompt screen.
    I've got it running from a batch file with a pause statement after teh wsdl
    line, but it ignores this and continues to scroll with the above message for
    as long as I leave it.

    Confused? I am.

    <M>ike

    Mike Dinnis, Nov 3, 2003