wsdl.exe ignores types not used in any methods

Nicklas

Hi,

when I compile my wsdl-file containing complex types that are not used
in any of the web services methods (neither as in- or as
outparameters) they are removed in the generated proxy class.

Why's that and how do I tell wsdl.exe to include everything in the
wsdl-file?

Thank you!

// Nicklas

Dan Rogers

Hi Nicklas,

One thing you could do is generate your own proxy class, instead of relying
on the as-built proxy. An easy way to do this is to generate classes using
XSD.exe or XsdObjectGen, and then modify the generated proxy by commenting
out the clases that are generated after the methods. Then add the
appropriate project reference or "using/imports" notation in the proxy
file, and save it as a part of your project's source.

This would give you access to all of the classes/types that your schema
defines.

Hope that helps,

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation