WSDL.exe methods output

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by John Straumann, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. Hello all:

    I am trying to connect to an external web service from a .NET assembly. I
    used WSDL.exe to generate the C# proxy class for the web service, but I have
    limited experience with this and so I am not quite sure how to call the
    method that was generated in the class.

    here is the method:

    public call_BasicCalloutCaptureResponseEmitstatus
    call_BasicCalloutCapture(System.Xml.XmlElement request,
    System.Xml.XmlElement response,
    [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeAttribute()] out string cid)
    {
    object[] results = this.Invoke("call_BasicCalloutCapture", new
    object[] { request, response});
    cid = ((string)(results[1]));
    return ((call_BasicCalloutCaptureResponseEmitstatus)(results[0]));
    }

    However I am facing 2 problems

    1. I am connecting to MSCRM to get some data, and the XML returned from the
    CRM web service comes in as a String of XML data, and I do not know how to
    make that into an XmlElement to pass to the method as shown above.
    2. I do not know what the final 2 parameters into the method are supposed to
    be, I've not seen parameters defined that way before.

    Can anyone offer any help?

    Thanks!

    John.

    John Straumann, Mar 24, 2008