WSDL.exe methods output

John Straumann

Hello all:

I am trying to connect to an external web service from a .NET assembly. I
used WSDL.exe to generate the C# proxy class for the web service, but I have
limited experience with this and so I am not quite sure how to call the
method that was generated in the class.

here is the method:

public call_BasicCalloutCaptureResponseEmitstatus
call_BasicCalloutCapture(System.Xml.XmlElement request,
System.Xml.XmlElement response,
[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeAttribute()] out string cid)
{
object[] results = this.Invoke("call_BasicCalloutCapture", new
object[] { request, response});
cid = ((string)(results[1]));
return ((call_BasicCalloutCaptureResponseEmitstatus)(results[0]));
}

However I am facing 2 problems

1. I am connecting to MSCRM to get some data, and the XML returned from the
CRM web service comes in as a String of XML data, and I do not know how to
make that into an XmlElement to pass to the method as shown above.
2. I do not know what the final 2 parameters into the method are supposed to
be, I've not seen parameters defined that way before.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!

John.