wsdl.exe with username & password

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Asaf, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. Asaf

    Asaf Guest

    Hi,

    I am generating a proxy for web service with the wsdl.exe with username &
    password.

    Wsdl.exe testservice.wsdl /u:test /p:12345

    I can't see the user & password in the generated class testservice.cs

    Am I doing something wrong here?

    Thanks in advanced for any help.

    Asaf

    Asaf, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Asaf,

    > I am generating a proxy for web service with the wsdl.exe with username &
    > password.
    >

    > Wsdl.exe testservice.wsdl /u:test /p:12345
    >

    > I can't see the user & password in the generated class testservice.cs

    That's how it is supposed to work. That username and password is provided
    only so that WSDL.EXE can access the WSDL file from the webserver, not to
    embedded in the proxy code (which would make little sense, anyway, because
    you're not supposed to embed those things in code).

    You can use credentials if you want by adding them to the Credentials
    Property of the client-side proxy class before doing the call.

    --
    Tomas Restrepo

    http://www.winterdom.com/

    Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\), Mar 31, 2005