WSDL Fault Operation for generic SoapException?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by karlid42@gmail.com, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hi,

    Perhaps this is a stupid question but I need to ask it. How do I
    construct the WSDL such that the fault operation of a service reflects
    the service returning a standard SoapException? I don't need any fancy
    custom error messages. I just need to send a soap exception back. The
    reason it needs to be defined in the WSDL is for compliance purposes
    with other platforms. Here's my code right now. Does the WSDL match
    the exception? If not, how do I work it out?

    WSDL:

    <fault name="error">
    <soap:fault name="error" use="literal"/>
    </fault>

    C#:

    throw new SoapException("error description");

    thanks in advance,

    , Sep 12, 2006