WSDL in python?

Muhammad Alkarouri

After googling for some time, and checking ZSI and other solutions, I
have not found a way to write a web service application (server that
is) in Python and automatically create a WSDL description for it.
The question:
- Does such a solution exist (WSDL server support)?
- if not, any way to deploy python web services using WSDL, even if it
needs learning another package/syntax/...?

Please, don't suggest to me xml-rpc, as I have some compatibility
issues..

Regards,
karouri

Cameron Laird

After googling for some time, and checking ZSI and other solutions, I
have not found a way to write a web service application (server that
is) in Python and automatically create a WSDL description for it.
The question:
- Does such a solution exist (WSDL server support)?
- if not, any way to deploy python web services using WSDL, even if it
needs learning another package/syntax/...?

Please, don't suggest to me xml-rpc, as I have some compatibility
issues..
.
.
.
No; to the best of my knowledge there is no such package.

I probably should do it. I did a crude one for Tcl, and I
even suspect I know of a client who'd pay for it, at least
in part. Bluntly, while I'd like to do it, my calendar's
already too full, unless a lucrative contract falls on me,
and lets me shift other work around.

Is there another way? Sure, there are lots. You could
use Java- or Perl-based WSDL-savvy facilities, and control
them with Python.