WSDL- Mapping Application Defined Names to XML Names

Discussion in 'XML' started by Craig, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Craig

    Craig Guest

    We have a customer who sent us a WSDL containing the following
    snippet:

    <message name="PP6000.Execute">
    <part name="Xmlreaderlvcaux" type="xsd:string"/>
    </message>

    We imported this into our tool (webMethods) and had problems invoking
    a call to the other. Installing a sniffer, I noted the following
    being sent:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <ser-root:Execute xmlns:ser-root="http://..[removed]..."
    SOAP-ENC:root="1">
    <_x0058_mlreaderlvcaux xsi:type="xsd:string">random
    text</_x0058_mlreaderlvcaux>
    </ser-root:Execute>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    As you can see, the parameter name was remapped from Xmlreaderlvcaux
    to _x0058_mlreaderlvcaux. I opened a service ticket assuming this was
    an error, and I was referred to this URL:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#namemap, which
    does indicate that this application name can (should?) be mapped as
    indicated (section B1-6 Case 3).

    So, before I tell my customer he needs to fix his soap server, I
    wanted to confirm that even though the parameter name was not remapped
    in the WSDL he sent us, his server should still accept the remapped
    name when we send it back. Or was our toolkit incorrect in its
    remapping of the name, since the WSDL did not include the remapping?
    I guess I'm just trying to figure out which end is at fault here.

    And yes, if I manually intercept the message and change the part name
    back to its original name, the other side does accept the message.

    Thanks

    Craig, Feb 9, 2004