wsdl problem

haakon tullerusk

Hi!

I used wsdl2ruby to generate classes and methods.
But I have a broblem with one of the methods and its arguments

method in driver.rb:

class EndUserIdentifier
@@schema_type = "EndUserIdentifier"
@@schema_ns = "http://www.csapi.org/schema/parlayx/common/v1_0"
@@schema_element = [["value", ["SOAP::SOAPAnyURI", XSD::QName.new(nil,
"value")]]]

attr_accessor :value

def initialize(value = nil)
@value = value
end
end

method in defaltDriver.rb
Methods = [
[ XSD::QName.new("http://www.csapi.org/wsdl/parlayx/sms/v1.0",
"sendSms"),
"",
"sendSms",
[ ["in", "destinationAddressSet", ["EndUserIdentifier[]",
"http://www.csapi.org/schema/parlayx/common/v1_0",
"EndUserIdentifier"]],
["in", "senderName", ["::SOAP::SOAPString"]],
["in", "charging", ["::SOAP::SOAPString"]],
["in", "message", ["::SOAP::SOAPString"]],
["retval", "result", ["::SOAP::SOAPString"]] ],
{ :request_style => :rpc, :request_use => :encoded,
:response_style => :rpc, :response_use => :encoded }
],

this is my client.rb file

smswsdl = 'http://x.x.x.x/parlayx/services/SendSmsPort'
obj2 = SendSmsPort.new(smswsdl)

#sendSms (EndUserIdentifier[] destinationAddressSet, String senderName,
String charging, String message, out String requestIdentifier)

smsId =(???, 'some_nr', 'some_string', 'some_message')
)
I want to run the sendSms method but I get error from the server

#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x2bf6868>: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
java.lan
g.ClassCastException@d8a125 (SOAP::FaultError)

How to I create a new EndUserIdentifier object?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--haakon

Geoff Lane

eui = EndUserIdentifier.new(some_value) - not sure what value is
intended, but your service definition should tell you that?

I found that there are a lot of improvements in the latest Subversion
code over the last release. This is especially true with Document
Literal service support. So, you might want to try that.

The other thing I found using SOAP4R is that the wsdl2ruby didn't always
behave well. I used the xsd2ruby to generate classes, but then used
those classes in some manually constructed code.

soap =
SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new('http://example.com/services/ContactsService?WSDL').create_rpc_driver
soap.generate_explicit_type = true
soap.wiredump_dev = STDOUT if $DEBUG
result = soap.GetContacts(ContactsRequest.new())
result.contacts.each { |c| print_contact(c) }

The soap.wiredump_dev = STDOUT will print out all of the SOAP messages
to standard output which is really nice for debugging.

haakon said:
[...]

The line
smsId =(???, 'some_nr', 'some_string', 'some_message')

was supposed to look like:
smsId = sendSms(???, 'some_nr', 'some_string', 'some_message')

The first argument is a EndUserIdentifierObject?

eu = EndUserIdentifier('what_value?')

Geoff said:
eui = EndUserIdentifier.new(some_value) - not sure what value is
intended, but your service definition should tell you that?

From the wsdl file? how?
I found that there are a lot of improvements in the latest Subversion
code over the last release. This is especially true with Document
Literal service support. So, you might want to try that.

The other thing I found using SOAP4R is that the wsdl2ruby didn't always
behave well. I used the xsd2ruby to generate classes, but then used
those classes in some manually constructed code.

soap =
SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new('http://example.com/services/ContactsService?WSDL').create_rpc_driver
soap.generate_explicit_type = true
soap.wiredump_dev = STDOUT if $DEBUG
result = soap.GetContacts(ContactsRequest.new())
result.contacts.each { |c| print_contact(c) }

The soap.wiredump_dev = STDOUT will print out all of the SOAP messages
to standard output which is really nice for debugging.

If I use soap.wiredump I get the following error from the axis server:

#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x2bf5f68>: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
java.lang.ClassCastException@cc17f1 (SOAP::FaultError)

--haakon