WSDL says "cannot find type {}sayHi" - what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Kuro Kurosaka, Oct 11, 2007.

  1. Hi,
    I'm new to Ruby (just finished Hello World) and also fairly new to SOAP.
    I have a Java service written using CXF.
    I ran these lines with the WSDL generated by CXF:

    require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
    WSDL_URI = 'http://xpen-kuro:8080/cxf_service/HelloWorld?wsdl'
    hw = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(WSDL_URI).create_rpc_driver
    hw.generate_explicit_type = true
    hw.wiredump_dev = STDOUT
    res = hw.sayHi('Hello World!')

    Then I've got this error:
    SOAP::Mapping::MappingError: cannot find type {}sayHi

    What does this mean?
    Does "{}sayHi" means anything special in Ruby?

    sayHi is defined as an element in the <type> section,
    as a message, and as an operation in the WSDL:
    <wsdl:types>
    <xsd:schema xmlns="http://spring.demo/" ...>
    <xsd:element name="sayHi" type="sayHi"/>
    <xsd:complexType name="sayHi">
    <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="arg0" type="xsd:string"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
    <wsdl:binding name="HelloWorldImplServiceSoapBinding"
    type="ns1:HelloWorld">
    <soap:binding style="document" transport="...">
    <wsdl:eek:peration name="sayHi">
    <soap:eek:peration soapAction="" style="document"/>
    <wsdl:input name="sayHi">
    <soap:body use="literal"/>
    </wsdl:input>
    <wsdl:binding name="HelloWorldImplServiceSoapBinding"
    type="ns1:HelloWorld">
    <soap:binding style="document" transport="..."/>
    <wsdl:eek:peration name="sayHi">
    <soap:eek:peration soapAction="" style="document"/>
    <wsdl:input name="sayHi">
    <soap:body use="literal"/>
    </wsdl:input>
    <wsdl:eek:utput name="sayHiResponse">