WSDL tools/problems (Salesforce.com)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dan, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Salesforce.com has what looks to be a nice SOAP interface (see
    http://www.sforce.com) which I would like to access via Python.

    I am currently trying to use the newest release of ZSI (1.4.1) to
    process our Salesforce WSDL file but have run in to problems (see
    below). *Any* suggestions on alternative approaches, or how to get
    this approach to work will be appreciated. Also please note, since I
    am new to both Python and ZSI, that this is may be something really
    obvious.

    Thanks in advance,
    Dan

    Here is an example:

    >>> from ZSI.wstools.WSDLTools import *
    >>> w=WSDLReader()
    >>> w.loadFromURL('http://gothamanalytics.com/Ex/enterprise.wsdl')

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
    line 307, in RunScript
    debugger.run(codeObject, __main__.__dict__, start_stepping=0)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\__init__.py",
    line 60, in run
    _GetCurrentDebugger().run(cmd, globals,locals, start_stepping)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py",
    line 592, in run
    exec cmd in globals, locals
    File "C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\Python\sforce.py", line 3,
    in ?
    w.loadFromURL('http://gothamanalytics.com/Ex/enterprise.wsdl')
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZSI\wstools\WSDLTools.py", line
    37, in loadFromURL
    wsdl.load(document)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZSI\wstools\WSDLTools.py", line
    195, in load
    binding.load(operations)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZSI\wstools\WSDLTools.py", line
    488, in load
    mbinding.load_ex(GetExtensions(item))
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZSI\wstools\WSDLTools.py", line
    609, in load_ex
    ob = SoapBodyBinding(use, namespace, encstyle, parts)
    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\ZSI\wstools\WSDLTools.py", line
    780, in __init__
    raise WSDLError(
    WSDLError: The parts argument must be a sequence.

    Dan, Jan 21, 2004