wsdl2java: method parameter a complex type that extends another complex type

Discussion in 'Java' started by Robert Mark Bram, Feb 4, 2007.

  1. Hi All,

    We have a WSDL with an operation "getDocument" that has an input
    message "getDocumentSoapIn" with a part that consists of a complex
    type "getDocument" based on a nother complex type "LicensedParam".
    Extracts of the WSDL showing all this are below.

    <operation name="getDocument">
    <input message="s0:getDocumentSoapIn" />
    <output message="s0:getDocumentSoapOut" />
    </operation>

    <message name="getDocumentSoapIn">
    <part name="getDocument1" element="s0:getDocument" />
    </message>

    <s:complexType name="getDocument">
    <s:complexContent mixed="false">
    <s:extension base="s0:LicensedParam">
    <s:sequence>
    <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" form="unqualified"
    name="appName" nillable="true" type="s:string" />
    <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" form="unqualified"
    name="docID" type="s:string" />
    <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" form="unqualified"
    name="pages" type="s:string" />
    </s:sequence>
    </s:extension>
    </s:complexContent>
    </s:complexType>

    <s:complexType name="LicensedParam">
    <s:sequence>
    <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" form="unqualified"
    name="license" nillable="true" type="s:string" />
    </s:sequence>
    </s:complexType>

    We used IBM's WSDL2Java to generate a proxy for the WSDL, and the code
    for the getDocument is below:

    public void getDocument(java.lang.String appName, java.lang.String
    docID, java.lang.String pages, javax.xml.rpc.holders.ByteArrayHolder
    content, javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder contentType) throws
    java.rmi.RemoteException{
    if (__vignetteEpoDocServiceSoap == null)
    _initVignetteEpoDocServiceSoapProxy();
    __vignetteEpoDocServiceSoap.getDocument(appName, docID, pages,
    content, contentType);
    }

    My problem is simple: where is the license parameter? Is it an error
    in the emmiter - it left it out -
    or is there some other funky thing we have to do in order to set this?
    The rest of the class that method is in doesn't mention "license" at
    all, but I can see classes have been generated for it.

    Any advice would be appreciated!

    Rob
    :)

    Robert Mark Bram, Feb 4, 2007