wsdl2py/ZSI and complex types with arrays

Discussion in 'Python' started by eviljonny, Feb 4, 2009.

  1. eviljonny

    eviljonny Guest

    Hello all,

    I have been trying to write a web service using ZSI with wsdl2py. I have
    read 'The Zolera Soap Infrastructure User’s Guide Release 2.0.0' and some
    older guides (a guide by Nortel called Using ZSI with wsdl2py) and am
    unable to find any working examples of how to use arrays in complex
    types. I have a Request method which takes an array as an argument and
    responds with an array.

    Assume I am just trying to write a client at this point. I have tried a
    lot of variations on this and can get a call made but using a tracefile
    the element SOIID is always empty no matter what I do.

    Please excuse me if the code is not fantastic. I am very new to python.

    #---------------------------------------
    from GraphingReporter_services import *
    from GraphingReporter_services_types import *

    loc = GraphingReporterLocator()
    fp = file("/tmp/PYTHON-TRACE","w")
    port = loc.getGraphingReporterPort(tracefile=fp)

    request = GraphRequestSOIID()
    graphRequest = request.new_soiid()
    graphRequest.Soiid = [123456,123457]
    request.set_element_soiid(graphRequest)
    response = port.GetGraphsForSOIID(request)

    fp.close()
    #---------------------------------------

    The outgoing call in the trace shows
    #---------------------------------------
    <SOAP-ENV:Body xmlns:ns1="urn:GraphingReporter">
    <ns1:GetGraphsForSOIID>
    <soiid></soiid>
    </ns1:GetGraphsForSOIID>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>

    Can anyone provide me an example (or a link to an example) of how to
    populate the arrays in complex types? Even pointing me in the right
    direction would be wonderful.

    --
    EvilJonny

    eviljonny, Feb 4, 2009