    HRESULT=0X80070005)".

    Could any one help me out?

    Thanks.

    william, Dec 11, 2007

  2. william

    Tiago Halm Guest

    Use filemon.exe utility from Microsoft (formerly SysInternals) to see where
    the access is denied.

    Tiago Halm

    Tiago Halm, Dec 11, 2007

  3. william

    william Guest

    Hi Tiago,

    As I mentioned, it failed at soap initialization.
    By the way, IIS security setting is Integrated Windows Authentication mode,
    and the anonymous access is turned off. If I turn on anonymous, it's ok. So
    looks like somehow the current user's credential is not carried over. I'm
    guessing, don't really know.

    Thanks.

    william, Dec 12, 2007
  4. william

    Tiago Halm Guest

    The anonymous account has access, the authenticated account does not it
    appears. Are you impersonating? If you are, the Authenticated account does
    not have access, if not its the AppPool account that does not have access.
    Anyway I'm just guessing.

    Where is the VB6 code hosted? Executable or COM object?
    How is the WebService done (WCF, ASMX)?

    Tiago Halm

    Tiago Halm, Dec 13, 2007
  5. william

    william Guest

    VB6 is executable, and web service is asmx. No impersonation.
    I think it's not the account issue, because I can use same account access
    web service from .NET. I guess somehow the account is not carried over to IIS.
    Thanks.

    william, Dec 13, 2007
  6. william

    Guest

    Check if the COM object "MSSOAP.SoapClient" has properties or methods
    with the name "credentials" or similar. Such a property/method would
    allow the COM client (VB6) to authenticate itself over HTTP upon
    invoking the WebService. Other than that, I can't help, sorry.

    Tiago Halm

    , Dec 13, 2007