WSE 1.0 proxy class generation

mtnmike

Per the msdn documentation, in order to use WSE 1.0 from a client app, "you
need to change the base class of each of your proxies to
WebServicesClientProtocol. "

Is there a way to instruct Visual Studio .NET 2003 to generate the proxy
with this base class instead of SoapHttpClientProtocol?

If not, how do people typically manage this?

If I have to change it by hand in the references.cs file, I must remember to
make this change each time I generate (or regenerate) proxy class.

Mike.

Dilip Krishnan

Hello mtnmike,
You dont HAVE to change the proxy base class. But in order to use the
WS-* spec implementation in WSE you would need to use the proxy class. Dont
remember off hand how WSE 1.0 works... but in 2.0 you can just enable WSE
for a project and whenever you add a reference WSE automatically adds a WSE
proxy to the reference.cs with a proxy name as XXXXXWse where XXXXXX is the
name of your proxy. If you use automated builds (read nant) you can easily
generate the proxy and pass the output thru' a filter what will modify the
proxy.

HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan
MCAD, MCSD.net
dkrishnan at geniant dot com
http://www.geniant.com

mtnmike

Thanks Dilip. When you say I don't have to use the proxy class. I just want
to add a custom input and output filter on the client. I don't care about the
standard filters such as routing and timestamp. However, I couldn't get the
custom filters invoked from my client unless I changed the base class in WSE
1.0. Am I missing something?

Mike.