Wse call just not being made when part of a domain

Paul Carter

Hi everyone

I'm posting this in the hope that someone may have seen similar
goings
on. We have several web services all protected using x.509
certificates and WSE 3.0. For the majority of machines the client
application works without any problems, but a couple of machines have
real problems.

If they try to make a wse call the system just sits there, eventually
the request will be aborted and then after roughly 420 seconds it
fires again and runs ok. We have installed a network monitor on the
machine a to trace what happens. When the wse requests begins a
connection is made to the server but that is it, it then sits until
that connection closes, the call never goes through. If however they
make a call to a standard non WSE service then it goes through
without
any problems.

We have just found out that this only happens when our client runs on
one of our machines that is in our domain. If we take the machine in
question out of the domain and try again, the problem goes away, so
we
can say without reservation that this problem occurs when we attempt
to call a WSE enabled web service within a domain.

We are running out of ideas now, so please if anybody has had a
similar problem or just has any ideas, then your input would be
greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Paul.