Wse call just not being made when part of a domain

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Paul Carter, Feb 27, 2007.

  1. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    Hi everyone

    I'm posting this in the hope that someone may have seen similar
    goings
    on. We have several web services all protected using x.509
    certificates and WSE 3.0. For the majority of machines the client
    application works without any problems, but a couple of machines have
    real problems.

    If they try to make a wse call the system just sits there, eventually
    the request will be aborted and then after roughly 420 seconds it
    fires again and runs ok. We have installed a network monitor on the
    machine a to trace what happens. When the wse requests begins a
    connection is made to the server but that is it, it then sits until
    that connection closes, the call never goes through. If however they
    make a call to a standard non WSE service then it goes through
    without
    any problems.

    We have just found out that this only happens when our client runs on
    one of our machines that is in our domain. If we take the machine in
    question out of the domain and try again, the problem goes away, so
    we
    can say without reservation that this problem occurs when we attempt
    to call a WSE enabled web service within a domain.

    We are running out of ideas now, so please if anybody has had a
    similar problem or just has any ideas, then your input would be
    greatly appreciated.

    many thanks

    Paul.

    Paul Carter, Feb 27, 2007