wse chainstream override

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by simon taylor, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. simon taylor

    simon taylor Guest

    Dear all,
    I'm wanting to write a wse filter to intercept the incoming stream to
    a webservice.
    According to the wse help you can do.....

    public override Stream ChainStream( Stream stream )

    However, I'm writing an input filter to do this and as far as I know
    they must (?) inherit from SoapInputFilter thus

    public class InputFilter : SoapInputFilter
    {
    public override void ProcessMessage(SoapEnvelope envelope)

    which overrides ProcessMessage nicely. However SoapInputFilter does
    not have a ChainStream to override ? - ChainStream is a member of
    WebServicesExtension (I believe).

    So I guess my question has two possible answers - Is it possible to
    get at the stream from within SoapInputFilter ?
    Or is it possible to inherit from WebServicesExtension as an input
    filter ?

    Ive tried
    public class InputFilter : WebServicesExtension
    and I get an error message....
    "..... is not derived from Microsoft.Web.Services.SoapInputFilter"

    Any answers would be much appreciated as the wse help is a little
    cryptic to my fragile mind :)
    If you can help please try and explain your solution as you would to a
    three year old :)
    cheers
    simon

    simon taylor, Aug 12, 2003