WSE003: The input was not a valid SOAP message

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Gerrit, Aug 31, 2006.

  1. Gerrit

    Gerrit Guest

    Hello!

    I'm having some probelems with a Web Service.

    Situation:
    I'm using WSE 2.0 in the Web.config I have added

    <httpHandlers>
    <add type="Philips.ICIConnector.IciDispatcher.RoutingHandler,
    IciDispatcher" path="*.ashx" verb="*" />
    </httpHandlers>

    So, all requests to ashx files end up in my RoutingHandler and there I
    can analyze and do whatever is necessary.
    Well, this part works as expected.

    So here is the problem:

    The system I'm intergating with and that uses my Web Service requires
    that the following link does not return an error:

    http://myserver/Dispatacher.ashx

    When clicking that link I get the following error:

    WSE003: The input was not a valid SOAP message

    No surprise because in this case there is no SOAP message.

    Question:

    How can I fool the system to return in this situation no error message?
    I thought about using SoapExtensions and BeforeDeserialize, but this
    already implies that there is a valid SOAP message which I don't have
    in this situation.
    Is there anything I can do in IIS to catch such requests?
    What am I doing wrong?

    Any help appreciated.

    Gerrit
    Gerrit, Aug 31, 2006