    error WSE910.

    Any help will be much appreciated,
    Asaf

    Asaf, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Hi Asaf,

    Thank you for posting.

    From your description, one of your ASP.NET webservice used the WSE 3.0 and
    the MTOM to transfer files from client to server. The application run well
    , however, recently you began receive WSE 910 error , correct?

    As for the WSE910 error, it is a general error code indicate that something
    incorrect when processing the response message. Have you checked whether
    the error occured at server-side or client-side? You can turn on trace log
    and check the raw SOAP message.

    BTW, have you made any change to the configuration of either the
    client-side application or server application? We need to makesure both
    side have enabled the MTOM encoding.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 3, 2006

  3. Asaf

    Asaf Guest

    Hi Steven,

    My server where the Web service resides was on clock date 02-April-2006
    where my windows form application resides on my machine with a clock date
    03-April-2006.

    After I have changed the server clock to 03-April-2006, MTOM using WSE3
    started to work!

    I have noticed that if the server machine and the client machine are not
    date synchronizes then error WSE910 will rise up when client is trying to
    communicate with server using WSE3.

    I have also tried to use same code approach without WSE3 & MTOM and it is
    working fine so why do I need WSE3 & MTOM if I need to keep Client & Server
    date synchronizes for it to work properly?

    Regards,
    Asaf

    Asaf, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Thanks for your response Asaf,

    Glad that you've figured out the problem. As for the time synchronizing, it
    is due to the requirement of the message security and reliability. For WSE
    message it follows the WS-I BSP spec. The SOAP message
    transfered(especially for those security specific message), it will
    contains timestamp and a lifetime cycle, this prevent other malicious users
    from performing replay attack. However, use such timestamp and message
    lifetime mechanism require both client-server utilize the same time system,
    usually it is the internet time system, and for our scenario, the client
    and server boxes should synchronize their system clock:

    #Chapter 7 ¡ª WS-I BSP Interoperability Guidance
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html
    /mswsibsp_chapter07.asp

    Hope this helps.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 4, 2006
  5. Asaf

    Asaf Guest

    Hi Steven,

    I have set the "Time Tolerance in seconds" to 14400 so web.config file has
    been updated with this XML:

    <microsoft.web.services3>
    <security>
    <timeToleranceInSeconds value="14400" xmlns="" />
    </security>
    </microsoft.web.services3>

    After this update every time I am trying to reach the Web Service form my
    client application result in error: "Server unavailable, please try later"

    Regards,
    Asaf

    Asaf, Apr 4, 2006
  6. Thanks for your response Asaf,

    Seems a bit strange, is the "timeToleranceInSeconds" setting the only thing
    you changed before it broke? Also, are you running the webservice in IIS?
    If so, try use VS 2005 Testserver to run it to see whether it works. Based
    on my local test, changing the timeTolerance value won't cause such service
    error. You can also have a look in the event log and IIS log to see whether
    there is any clue there.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 5, 2006
  7. Asaf

    Asaf Guest

    Hi Steven,

    I have decided *NOT* to use WSE 3.0 in my internet project as I have found
    it very problematic with all the envelope security for sending files as
    chunks with MTOM that can be done very easily with regular web services
    approach so there is no need to use WSE 3.0 & MTOM.

    Security? Well, that’s what firewalls are for :)

    For my opinion I think that WSE 3.0 is best for Local, internal network
    applications and not for internet services where your customers are using
    your services from different time zones.

    P.S
    When I removed WSE 3.0 from my Windows forms application, "app.config" file
    corrupted and I needed to delete it from my project and rebuild it again with
    all the settings.

    Regards,
    Asaf

    Asaf, Apr 6, 2006
  8. Thanks for your followup Asaf,

    I understand your decision. BTW, on internet, when SSL/HTTPS is the
    possible solution, we also do not need to consider WSE.

    Anyway, wish you good luck on the project and feel free to post here when
    there is anything we can help.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 7, 2006