[WSGI] FCGID + Flup vs. mod_wsgi?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gilles, Sep 21, 2012.

  1. Gilles

    Gilles Guest

    Hello

    The shared host I intend to use to run a small Python web app only
    supports mod_fcgid on its Apache server.

    If I understood what I read on the Net, the ideal solution would be to
    have mod_wsgi installed and have it run either as a module within
    Apache or a stand-alone process to talk to the Python app, but it's
    N.A. so that's out.

    As for FCGID, am I correct in understanding that this is the way
    things work:

    Apache <-> mod_fcgid <-> Flup (or some other wrapper) <-> WSGI
    application?

    www.stackoverflow.com/questions/1747266/is-there-a-speed-difference-between-wsgi-and-fcgi

    Would I miss a lot by using the mod_fcgid+Flup solution instead of
    mod_wsgi?

    Thank you.

    Gilles, Sep 21, 2012