WSI Basic Profile 1.1 Compliant Web Service!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by mehdi, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. mehdi

    mehdi Guest

    Hi folks,
    I've been lately trying to expose an object graph (with circular
    references) through a web method, however, this was not possible since
    the XmlSerializer has got no idea how to address the issue. Therefore,
    I've just changed the WebServiceBindingAttribute from

    [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]
    [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.None)]

    and the problem is solved.

    The questions:

    1. I would like to know this means that I only and only lose the
    interoperability? Is this what happens???

    2. Is there anyway to solve the circular referencing problem within the
    object graph when exposing objects through web methods under the WSI
    Basic Profile 1.1 standard?

    TIA,
    Mehdi
    mehdi, Dec 11, 2006