WSQ image library for PHP

Discussion in 'HTML' started by info@cognaxon.com, Sep 27, 2007.

  1. Guest

    For fingerprint images WSQ (Wavelet Scalar Quantization) is superior
    to other lossy compression methods, such as JPEG, and was chosen by
    FBI (U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation) as the fingerprint image
    compression standard. WSQ is a lossy compression method that is
    well-suited for preserving the very high resolution details of
    grayscale
    images while maintaining high compression ratios of typically 12:1 to
    15:1.

    Cognaxon WSQ image library provides the easy way to add WSQ image
    format support to your software projects. WSQ image library reads and
    converts between WSQ and 11 other graphic file formats, it is small
    (~1.5 Megabyte) and fast.

    Supported formats for reading: WSQ,BMP, TIFF,TIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF,
    TGA, PCX, RGB, PSD, CEL, IFF.
    Supported formats for writing: WSQ, BMP, PNG, RGB, TGA.

    Adding WSQ image library to your software project is very easy.
    Only 2-3 steps and several lines of code are needed.

    Sample projects are provided for:
    GNU C Compiler GCC,
    Trolltech Qt C++,
    Sun Java,
    PHP.

    To find out more about using WSQ image library in PHP projects please
    read the pages:
    http://www.cognaxon.com/index.php?page=wsqlibrary_forlinux#PHP
    and
    http://www.cognaxon.com/index.php?page=wsqlib_phpnotes

    For latest version and more information please visit:
    http://www.cognaxon.com

    , Sep 27, 2007

  2. Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 27 Sep 2007 04:47:52
    GMT scribed:

    > For fingerprint images WSQ (Wavelet Scalar Quantization) is superior
    > to other lossy compression methods, such as JPEG, and was chosen by
    > FBI (U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation) as the fingerprint image
    > compression standard. WSQ is a lossy compression method that is
    > well-suited for preserving the very high resolution details of
    > grayscale
    > images while maintaining high compression ratios of typically 12:1 to
    > 15:1.
    >
    > Cognaxon WSQ image library provides the easy way to add WSQ image
    > format support to your software projects. WSQ image library reads and
    > converts between WSQ and 11 other graphic file formats, it is small
    > (~1.5 Megabyte) and fast.
    >
    > Supported formats for reading: WSQ,BMP, TIFF,TIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF,
    > TGA, PCX, RGB, PSD, CEL, IFF.
    > Supported formats for writing: WSQ, BMP, PNG, RGB, TGA.
    >
    > Adding WSQ image library to your software project is very easy.
    > Only 2-3 steps and several lines of code are needed.
    >
    > Sample projects are provided for:
    > GNU C Compiler GCC,
    > Trolltech Qt C++,
    > Sun Java,
    > PHP.
    >
    > To find out more about using WSQ image library in PHP projects please
    > read the pages:
    > http://www.cognaxon.com/index.php?page=wsqlibrary_forlinux#PHP
    > and
    > http://www.cognaxon.com/index.php?page=wsqlib_phpnotes
    >
    > For latest version and more information please visit:
    > http://www.cognaxon.com

    That's nice but the only time I take pictures of fingers is when there're
    interesting boogars on them which look better a little blurry.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 27, 2007