wss, aspnet_client not accessible to aspnet application for valida

Guest

i posted this to dotnet.framework
the answer was does file really exist. yes it does
then WSS is in way
In order to make the full path to the .js file defined as excluded I cannot
use / character to define path so do I create virtual directory for
aspnet_client in local project is not the asp net application still looking
for full path

I need help, how does anyone live with WSS and validation for aspnet
applications? how do I defined exclusion for this managed path?

I have a sharepoint server
I have an asp.net application it is a virtual directory and is defined in
sharepoint as an excluded path.

I have validators in datagrid, I run app and
I get the message "unable to find script library
/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/webuivalidation.js"
run aspnet_regiis -c did that no change
tried another fix, copied the aspnet_client folder into virtual directory root
still get the error
what can i set?

Wei-Dong XU [MS]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know your cross post on WSS and ASP.net! From the
nature of this issue, it should be Sharepoint specific issue and I have
replied you at the post in Sharepoint community. So please focus on that
thread regarding this matter:

Subject: wss, aspnet_client not accessible to aspnet application for valida
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:46:02 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sharepoint.windowsservices