    Thanks for any help, links etc
    Markus

    , Dec 12, 2006

  2. Jacob Guest

    I think the easiest is to write the app yourself. It doesn't involve
    much other than a db which holds the document names and who has access
    (perhaps by group) and then a page which authenticates users and loads
    the documents they have access to using a repeater or datalist control.

    In the basic form the admin saves the actual doc to the file system and
    the doc info to the db, but you could also upload the doc to the db and
    use SQL Server's full text search capabilities, to help users search
    for the docs they want.

    Jacob, Dec 12, 2006

  3. On 11 Dec 2006 19:05:10 -0800, wrote:

    > Hi, does anyone know of a good (Preferably free but don't mind paying
    > some $$ for source code) basic document sharing application?
    >
    > Basically, a single admin should be able to upload files to a folder
    > and then say "these users have access to the file that was uploaded"
    > and specify what users can access the file.
    >
    > I would like .NET 1.1 or 2.0 running of MSSQL 2000. I have done a
    > search on google/ codeproject etc but either nothing came up or they
    > were all total overkill for what I needed.
    >
    > Thanks for any help, links etc
    > Markus

    Check out DotNetNuke. I think it has some modules that do that. If you
    don't want to implement DNN you can at least have a look at the code and
    see how they do it

    --
    Bits.Bytes
    http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Dec 12, 2006

    Hi, thanks for your responses. It looks like I will have to write it
    myself, I was just feeling lazy ;)

    Thanks
    Markus