WTD: Basic .NET document sharing application

MarkusJNZ

Hi, does anyone know of a good (Preferably free but don't mind paying
some $$ for source code) basic document sharing application?

Basically, a single admin should be able to upload files to a folder
and then say "these users have access to the file that was uploaded"
and specify what users can access the file.

I would like .NET 1.1 or 2.0 running of MSSQL 2000. I have done a
search on google/ codeproject etc but either nothing came up or they
were all total overkill for what I needed.

Thanks for any help, links etc
Markus

Jacob

I think the easiest is to write the app yourself. It doesn't involve
much other than a db which holds the document names and who has access
(perhaps by group) and then a page which authenticates users and loads
the documents they have access to using a repeater or datalist control.

In the basic form the admin saves the actual doc to the file system and
the doc info to the db, but you could also upload the doc to the db and
use SQL Server's full text search capabilities, to help users search
for the docs they want.

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Hi, does anyone know of a good (Preferably free but don't mind paying
some $$ for source code) basic document sharing application?

Basically, a single admin should be able to upload files to a folder
and then say "these users have access to the file that was uploaded"
and specify what users can access the file.

I would like .NET 1.1 or 2.0 running of MSSQL 2000. I have done a
search on google/ codeproject etc but either nothing came up or they
were all total overkill for what I needed.

Thanks for any help, links etc
Markus

Check out DotNetNuke. I think it has some modules that do that. If you
don't want to implement DNN you can at least have a look at the code and
see how they do it

MarkusJNZ

Hi, thanks for your responses. It looks like I will have to write it
myself, I was just feeling lazy ;)

Thanks