    Now just how the sam hell are you supposed to make the validator happy when
    using such text in this context?

    I'm gonna frickin complain like hell about this crap.

    richard, Feb 1, 2011

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 13:29:51 -0700, richard wrote:

    > I have never before seen the validator get this damned nit picky.

    > Would you believe this simple line of code generates 3 errors?
    > 1) general entity "B" not defined and no default entity
    > 2) reference to entity "B" for which no system identifier could be
    > generated
    > 3) entity was defined here
    >
    > Now just how the sam hell are you supposed to make the validator happy when
    > using such text in this context?
    >
    > I'm gonna frickin complain like hell about this crap.

    Ok so I researched and found that to make things happy, one must use
    "&amp;".
    Now the code validates without the errors.

    richard, Feb 1, 2011

  3. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <dp363efao5gg$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > I have never before seen the validator get this damned nit picky.

    > Would you believe this simple line of code generates 3 errors?
    > 1) general entity "B" not defined and no default entity
    > 2) reference to entity "B" for which no system identifier could be
    > generated
    > 3) entity was defined here
    >
    > Now just how the sam hell are you supposed to make the validator happy when
    > using such text in this context?

    Write &amp; instead of &

    > I'm gonna frickin complain like hell about this crap.

    It might be worth complaining, I have heard that there can be
    therapeutic benefits. <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 1, 2011
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 08:06:46 +1100, dorayme wrote:

    > In article <dp363efao5gg$>,
    > richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have never before seen the validator get this damned nit picky.

    >> Would you believe this simple line of code generates 3 errors?
    >> 1) general entity "B" not defined and no default entity
    >> 2) reference to entity "B" for which no system identifier could be
    >> generated
    >> 3) entity was defined here
    >>
    >> Now just how the sam hell are you supposed to make the validator happy when
    >> using such text in this context?
    >>

    > Write &amp; instead of &
    >
    >> I'm gonna frickin complain like hell about this crap.

    > It might be worth complaining, I have heard that there can be
    > therapeutic benefits. <g>

    yeah, I think I'm gonna bitch and whine royally with a 100 page
    dissertation about myself to myself.

    Though one time, I did do some complaining about a policy a company had I
    was with at the time. I figured no one would read it. They did, and they
    changed the policy.

    I also made a comical note once in a forum about the improper use of a
    sign, and guess what? The state changed the signs!

    richard, Feb 1, 2011
  5. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    In article <dp363efao5gg$>, richard <> wrote:
    >I have never before seen the validator get this damned nit picky.

    >Would you believe this simple line of code generates 3 errors?

    Depending on your doctype, it could have generated at least one more...

    >1) general entity "B" not defined and no default entity
    >2) reference to entity "B" for which no system identifier could be
    >generated
    >3) entity was defined here
    >
    >Now just how the sam hell are you supposed to make the validator happy when
    >using such text in this context?

    By coding valid HTML, of course: "&amp;" instead of "&".

    >I'm gonna frickin complain like hell about this crap.

    And the substance of your complaint would be, I suppose, that it's W3's fault
    that you don't know what you're doing?

    Doug Miller, Feb 1, 2011
  6. richard

    Lewis Guest

    In message <dp363efao5gg$>
    richard <> wrote:
    > I have never before seen the validator get this damned nit picky.

    > Would you believe this simple line of code generates 3 errors?
    > 1) general entity "B" not defined and no default entity

    How many times must you be told to use &amp; ?

    > Now just how the sam hell are you supposed to make the validator happy when
    > using such text in this context?

    Stop being a total fucking moron?

    > I'm gonna frickin complain like hell about this crap.

    Good luck with that.

    --
    The omnipotent eyesight of various supernatural entities is often
    remarked upon. It is said that they can see the fall of every sparrow.

    Lewis, Feb 2, 2011
  7. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > I shouldn't do this but I have to: How old are you, Richard?

    RtS graduated from high school in 1969, according to his alumni web
    site. His age could vary, though, depending on how many grades he was
    held back ...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 2, 2011
  8. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:18:35 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 21:23:06 -0500, Ed Mullen
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> And now you're coming back here and patting yourself on the back for making thos
    >>mistakes again and FINALLY figuring it out?

    > Bullshit Bullis does that - all the time.
    >
    > Takes credit for other peoples answers, as if they're his own.
    >
    > He posted how he wears full dentures, and is in lots of pain (maybe
    > that explains some things). He asked what would help his pain.
    >
    > I suggested a NSAID.
    >
    > About a week later, he says "I figured I'd try motrin, which is
    > another name for ibuprofen."
    >
    > In another thread, he suggested someone just ignore the census takers.
    > "It's not illegal to ignore them. They can't do anything if you don't
    > fill out the census."
    >
    > I pointed out that it WAS indeed illegal to ignore the census.
    >
    > An hour later he 'corrects' himself.
    >
    >>I shouldn't do this but I have to: How old are you, Richard?

    > He supposedly graduated in 69, but I have my doubts.
    >
    > He thinks Dubai is on the continent of Africa.

    Proving once again you are a stalker and a troll.
    Both keep and store information on their victims.

    First, read the label on a Motrin bottle. It clearly states, "Ibuprofen".
    Yes, I graduated in 1969. So what?
    In my statement about Dubai, I never claimed it was on the continent of
    Africa, YOU, and your dipshit friends are the ones who insist I said that.
    A stalker, or troll, takes things out of context and uses them to benefit
    and bolster his agenda towards his victim.

    The people of Africa can't go snow skiing. So they go to Dubai.

    This statement does not place dubai in africa.
    Now what does your bitchin and whining about me have to do with the group
    name?
    Nothing. It's all about stalking. That is what you are.

    richard, Feb 2, 2011
  9. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 23:04:47 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> I shouldn't do this but I have to: How old are you, Richard?

    > RtS graduated from high school in 1969, according to his alumni web
    > site. His age could vary, though, depending on how many grades he was
    > held back ...

    So? You're going to be lucky to get out of high school before 2020.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was not held back at all.
    Now where's your highschool information at bubba? Put it up on the line and
    become an open book like I am.

    I'm not one to go hiding behind some ignorant made up nick as you are.

    richard, Feb 2, 2011
  10. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 21:03:13 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 21:54:09 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>So? You're going to be lucky to get out of high school before 2020.

    > LOL...
    >
    >>Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was not held back at all.

    > You obviously should have been.
    >
    >>Now where's your highschool information at bubba? Put it up on the line and
    >>become an open book like I am.

    > You're far from an open book, bullis.
    >
    > I think with you, people aren't going to give you their name or any
    > more information.
    >
    > Especially after you, being the psychotic pedophile stalker you are,
    > posted my home address and (then) work address, with a note of "I'm
    > going to come to your work and kick your ass", I don't think anyone's
    > going to tell you their real name or give them any proof of who they
    > are.
    >
    >>I'm not one to go hiding behind some ignorant made up nick as you are.

    > Said the guy who's so fucking paranoid he doesn't live in one spot.

    May your dainty feet forever trod in golden camel dung.
    HAND, asshole.

    "Seig Heil! Meinen Fuhrer. Seig Heil!"

    richard, Feb 2, 2011
  11. On 01/02/11 20:29, richard wrote:
    > I have never before seen the validator get this damned nit picky.

    > Would you believe this simple line of code generates 3 errors?
    > 1) general entity "B" not defined and no default entity
    > 2) reference to entity "B" for which no system identifier could be
    > generated
    > 3) entity was defined here
    >
    > Now just how the sam hell are you supposed to make the validator happy when
    > using such text in this context?
    >
    > I'm gonna frickin complain like hell about this crap.

    See, this is what happens when you fail repeatedly to listen to what you
    have been told over and over and over again.

    1) You screw up the document.

    2) The document doesn't validate.

    3) You don't understand the messages you get.

    WHAT THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN ABOUT "&"?

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Feb 2, 2011
  12. richard the sto0pid wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:
    >>> I shouldn't do this but I have to: How old are you, Richard?

    >> RtS graduated from high school in 1969, according to his alumni web
    >> site. His age could vary, though, depending on how many grades he
    >> was held back ...

    > So? You're going to be lucky to get out of high school before 2020.

    We went over that before. I graduated ten years before you did.

    > Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was not held back at all.

    It must have been a teachers' conspiracy then.

    > Now where's your highschool information at bubba? Put it up on the
    > line and become an open book like I am.

    It's already on line; I know, I wrote and maintain the site.

    --
    -bts
    -In a broadband world, you are just a dialup

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 2, 2011