wxFormBuilder for wxRuby question

tuti plain

Hi all,

I want to design a GUI with wxRuby, but I don't want to define it in
my code. One of the things I've heard about wxRuby is the ability to
design interfaces using GUI designers and a special XML format known as
XRC. I decided to try out wxFormBuilder, which supposedly creates these
type of GUIs, but I can't even drop a button on a window! Has anyone
here used it?

How do you guys design your wxRuby interfaces? What GUI designder do
you use, or do you do it all by hand? I would really like to use a
designer, 'cause I find control declaration in code to be kind of
tedious, but if so be it, then code it will be. What do you guys think?

Bosko Ivanisevic

Hi all,

  I want to design a GUI with wxRuby, but I don't want to define it in
my code.  One of the things I've heard about wxRuby is the ability to
design interfaces using GUI designers and a special XML format known as
XRC.  I decided to try out wxFormBuilder, which supposedly creates these
type of GUIs, but I can't even drop a button on a window!  Has anyone
here used it?

  How do you guys design your wxRuby interfaces?  What GUI designder do
you use, or do you do it all by hand?  I would really like to use a
designer,  'cause I find control declaration in code to be kind of
tedious, but if so be it, then code it will be.  What do you guys think?

First add Panel, Frame or Dialog in your project. After that add some
of the sizers and finally add buttons and other controls

Regards,
Bosko Ivanisevic

tuti plain

Hi, thanks. I hadn't seen seen the sizers tab. I created a simple
interface, but... can I save it to .xrc format? The "Generate Code"
button generates C++ code, not XRC, which is what I need in Ruby.
Thanks again for any info.