wxGlade, wxPython.... pyOpenGL wxWidget?

Discussion in 'Python' started by physci@gmail.com, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I've been combing google for the past week trying to find an
    appropriate set of tools for a project I'm working on. Simply put,
    what I need is a GUI, powered by python, (I really don't want to touch
    any C++ code at all), that has an openGL canvas/scene(?), with a python
    interpreter sitting beside it. The whole thing should be resizable,
    and the display (not full screen) should be commanded by user
    interaction with the interpreter (like the boa-constructor
    interpreter), where the whole app resides in one window.

    What would be ideal for me is an "OpenGL wxWidget(?)" that can be
    imported into wxGlade or Boa. ((Qt has a thing called glViewer (Which
    I got really excited about, but can't find a way for python to talk
    with it)))

    note: This should be cross-platform, MacOSX / Windows / Linux.

    I feel bad posting this because there is already so much discussion on
    the topic, however my brain is trying to escape, and I could only
    appease it by sending this missive.

    , Feb 26, 2006

  2. Karsten W. Guest

    Karsten W., Feb 26, 2006

    Ok, I initially thought the Tkinter route would be too "low level" (Ha,
    low level python), but I noticed a link to VTK which looks promising.
    Thanks for your quick reply!

    Derek.

    , Feb 27, 2006